Newbi

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Inkman, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Inkman

Inkman Vampyroteuthis Registered

Hello all I just started my membership last night and I'm looking forward to conversating with you all. I will try to figure out how to upload pick of my little merc we'll I believe it's a merc anyway.

2. CephBirk

CephBirk O. bimaculoides Registered

Welcome Inkman!

3. GPO87

GPO87 Sepia elegans Staff Member Moderator

Hello Inkman!

I'm looking forward to seeing photos of your octo! :) Welcome to Tonmo!

4. cuttlegirl

cuttlegirl Colossal Squid Supporter Registered

5. tonmo

tonmo Titanites Staff Member Webmaster Moderator

Welcome to TONMO; thanks for joining!

:hugs:

6. DWhatley

DWhatley Cthulhu Staff Member Moderator

:cuttlehi:Inkman, Tell QueenB Hi! Let me know if I can help further with the picture uploads.

7. Nancy

Nancy Titanites Staff Member Moderator

Hello, Inkman, and welcome to the site,

Nancy

8. Inkman

Hi all thanks for the welcoms I have to figure out how to take a pic at night lol once I get one ill share I got him / her to come out when I facetimed queenb but every pic I take is blury cause of my red light plus twitch is still weary of alot of thing so she dont come out much yet

9. Inkman

Any suggestions welcome

10. Inkman

Wow tank lights are off ans twitch is out checking me out at the desk so I put my finger in no food and she was touching and pulling on my finger
    Now I have to get another tank for reef cuz I'm hooked lol amazing creatures

11. Inkman

I also have heard you can possibly keep two mercy in a tank if big enough is this true I've seen on YouTube people doing it but idk if it's for breeding purposes or not

12. DWhatley

We know multiple mercatoris siblings can live together. What we don't know is if animals that did not grow up together can be safely introduced as adults and what sized tank is large enough to avoid territory disputes that would be lethal. @sedna has not reported in recently on how her Mercatoris Manor is doing but she is attempting a colony of mercs with unknown relationships so watching her thread should be helpful. I have personally kept both singular and small (2 and 3) groups of siblings together and have found them to be more active if grouped. In general, it appears males are more active than females but I have never kept a lone male.

Their lives are very short (keep in mind Twitch's lifespan is only about 8 months and he/she is not newly hatched) and I'll suggest that you keep Twitch through his/her life and then consider trying to source multiples that have been caught together or watch for a member who has more tank raised offspring that he/she can accommodate.

13. Inkman

Ok do u kno of any dinural species that may be able to house together I originaly wanted a vulgaris but u never kno wat your gunna get it seems but all the same I still very much enjoy twitch even tho I only get a few hous sleep haha and how do I upload a pic from an ipad

14. Inkman

And it surprisingly hard to find vulgaris everyone has common octopus wich is really short for who knows wat I got lol

15. Inkman

I wanted a large day active octopus but I have limited knowledge on the whole ceph housing this is my first venture in this kind of thing

16. Inkman

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg B image.jpg

17. Inkman

Haha I figured it out d on iPad you click upload file by post reply on forum and choose existing , camera roll and then image. Then you can choose thumbnail or full image

DWhatley likes this.
  18. Inkman

Now to explain photos I have been talking with @QueenB and decided that buying red acrylic was a little to pricy so I bought a timer some cords and some energy efficient 60watt replacement bulbs and switched night to day and day to night hoping to see twitch in the daytime instead of 2am lol I think I could have went with some 40 watt bulbs instead but twitch still come out to watch me I'll let everyone know how it works in future. Other pics are just of my setup. Plus I was overexcited about figuring out how to upload pics I'm gunna try to get some better pics of twitch for u guys Incase we were wrong on the species I'd lol

19. DWhatley

It will be interesting to see if you can reorient Twitch's time. I don't know why it wouldn't work since we ship them across country or out of country and they adapt. What actual times are you using for your "day" and "night"?

20. Inkman

I have my regular tank light on from midnight to noon and the red light on from noon to midnight with no laps in light so she thinks the red is night it has worked so far I'm going with she for now but I'm not sure yet she just today ventured from her den enough to see her whole body I guess that's a good thing shows comfort in tank and surroundings I would assume now just to get some pics of her worth showing lol