Newb question

twiggyb

Pygmy Octopus
Registered
Minus the blue ring of course, but does anyone go to the hospital after being bitten by an octopus/cuttle? I know they're venomous and hurts, but I was just curious if it was serious enough to have to seek medical attention.

It is often a good idea to seek medical attention after being bitten by any marine creature. Otherwise infections can become a major problem.

There is one woman here on TONMO that was bitten in Mexico while on vacation and apparently a piece of the beak was embedded under her skin and it caused years of pain. but I think again that is associated with an infection and not octopus venom.

:lol: I just got done reading that story. That's crazy! Well I just wanted to make certain on what to do in case it happens if/when I get one. I'll just have to respect the octopus for what it is, a sly curious predator thats really cooool

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back