New TONMO Article: History of Cephalopods on the Internet

Really nice Tony!

Maybe add something about the mythical 'missing lobster mystery solved with video octopus walking to another tank and eating lobster, then going back to its own tank video' even though there is never any video of it?

:biggrin2:

Thanks for the work!

Good one! I also think it's missing reference to the Shark vs. Octopus video (where an octopus is video taped in an aquarium taking down and killing a shark.... NEAq was it?)

...and to that end, there's that movie Giant Octopus vs. MegaShark or something like that... that was a headline-maker.

This could go on! I should also rearrange it all in a timeline, so they're listed in chronological order. FWIW.

Keep 'em coming, thanks!

This was a great idea Tony and an interesting way to collaborate ... you may need to add et al once it is finished :wink:

But then why should it be finished? If you do timeline order you can add as new stuff comes up!

This is totally awesome! I love the dismantled pun. =)

Second section, Paragraph 4: "very brief new article" should be "very brief news article." (Also I'd cut that sentence into two shorter sentences, but that's just me.)

Re: Humboldt squid invasion--not sure if you want to include it in the list of possible explanations for stranding, but some other scientists and I have looked at toxic algal blooms.

Would you want to mention cephalopod-inspired arts and crafts? It's been my impression that these have also found a significant market on the internet, e.g. knitted and crocheted cephs, tentacled hats, jewelry cast from sucker rings, etc.

Finally, it might be neat to include the Pacific Northwest Tree Octopus! I don't know when that got started, but it was one of the first octopus-related websites I ever found, back in the 90s. And people continue to rediscover it.

Thanks for a sweet recap!

All very good suggestions Danna! The NW Pacific Tree octopus has been there forever, and many many years ago (before it really hit mainstream) I had exchanged a few emails with the founder there. Will add to the article with your input when I get the chance. Thanks!!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back