new to the site and the saltwater "octo" world

:welcome: Joseph

60 gallon is a good size for keeping small and medium octopuses, Such as Aculeatus from Indonesia or Hummilincki from the Caribbean.

Does the tank have a protein skimmer? these are very important to maintain proper water quality for octopuses.

Welcome to TONMO jscarim!

As CaptFish mentions, you have a good start but have a few things to spend money on:octocash: to be prepared to keep octopuses. Tell us a little more about your set-up and we will be happy to give a few :roll: suggestions.

I make a point to suggest to new members to edit their profiles to add some form of location (city, state/province, country is most helpful but the location display is both optional and open to put whatever you want). This is helpful for understanding your proximity to the ocean as well as locating members for get togethers when traveling (TONMO minicons).

[/QUOTE]...as well as locating members for get togethers when traveling (TONMO minicons).[/QUOTE]

.......northeast; when & where?

TT our mini cons are just that, an unofficial gathering of two or more members because one member is traveling local to another. Two weeks from now, I will post an example :sagrin: To see some of the past happenings look at the TONMOcon thread.

Be sure and watch for new posts about our official TONMOcon V soon. This is our biannual get together. I don't think there is an official "have to" but Tony has found it reasonable to swap coasts for each con. If I remember correctly, I was in Monterey CA, II in Sarasota, FL, III again in Monterey, IV in Washington DC so V will be West Coast. Location and dates are being seriously discussed and should be in the headlines soon. This is a pay your own way (including our speakers) event and we have some amazing distances traveled for the weekend. In DC people came from all over the US and with at least two international travelers (OB and Perky). (Don't shoot me if I missed someone!!! We are all "local" on-line!) One speaker I can't quite count as international as he teaches in the US but spends much of his time in his native Australia (hoping Peter will be there for the 2013 con to talk about the amazing observations they are making in Jarvis Bay). There will likely be some other really cool things happening this year but even I have to wait to see what magic is cooking. I missed the two prior West Coast events but am determined to go to this one!

I've got my eyes peeled. Judging by the blogs about past TONMOcons, they look like a blast. Plus I'm always looking for a reason to get out of town for a weekend (or two...). Hope to see some of you folks in the flesh!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back