New to the Saltwater Experience

Welcome Daniel!:welcome:

I actually grew up in north Phoenix and went to Barry Goldwater High School. What high school do you go to?

Good luck on the octopus system. We will all be here to help you out along the way.

Greg

Wow, small world! I've never heard of Barry Goldwater. I go to AAEC (and I doubt you've heard of that). I also live in the North Phoenix area! P.V. school district. Thanks for the encouragement!

P.S. Is there a way to check on you're posts? I keep missing when someone posts something new! Thanks!

Is there a way to check on you're posts?

There are two ways to subscribe to threads.

To be emailed when their are new comments on any thread you have posted to:
Settings (at top of page) -> General Settings (left column) -> Default Thread Description Mode (mid way down page), Select Email Instantly, Daily or Weekly option.

To subscribe to individual threads where you have not participated:
Click Thread tools (at top of any forum page after headings) and select subscribe to this thread.

You can unsubscribe from individual thread through your settings controls.

A third way to quickly glance at new posts is to click on the New Posts menu item in the blue menu.

please explain to me what this is.

Attachments

• conv_299783.jpg
    conv_299783.jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 106
Please give a little more info :wink:
First, is it in your tank? Can you get a clearer photo? How big is it?

From the photo it looks like a feeding clam but it could be anything as the resolution is too vague.

Very interesting find (I love this about live rock and even after 4-5 years new stuff shows up. Recently I found the prettiest pink sponge in one tank that I initially thought was some kind of coraline algae until I saw the feeding tubules).

My totally uneducated guess would be some kind of nudibranch or sea slug. I would try a forum that specializes in nudi's (likely the most helpful) or Reef Central (most frequented by a catch all with less specialty in many cases). Here is a link to Nudipixel with tons (visual overload for sure but great pictures and a little info on each) of photos with proper names and locations that may be helpful. At first I thought it was an anemone but blowing it up, shows what looks to be some kind of antennae and anus. Does it more around the rock much?

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back