New to Cephalopods

Dylan

Hatchling
Registered
Hey guys, my name is Dylan. I'm a 16 year old high school student and I've recently become very interested in Cephalopods. I've had my reef tank for almost 2 years now and have enjoyed every minute of it. I'm fascinated with biology(Currently taking AP Bio :biggrin2:) and all types of marine life. I was first inspired to get a reef tank after scuba diving for the first time (have now been certified scuba diver for 3 years). I've recently picked up a new tank and have been researching what exactly I want to put in it until I crossed this forum. I have a lot of research and planning to do over the next few months and this looks like a great resource with very knowledgeable people. Very excited to join and learn from all of you! :biggrin2:

Hi Dylan, I'm a squid living underwater on that planet from Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy. I'm a huge geek and enjoy telling bad puns in my spare time. I'm thinking to get a cuttlefish tank someday, so I prowl these forums searching for info.

Hi Dylan,

Weicome to the site! With your past experience, an octopus might be a good choice for you. You’ll find a lot of good information here, both articles and posts.

How large is your new tank?

Nancy

:cuttlehi:Dylan! With a 65 you are open to a variety of cephs. Octopuses are my personal choice but you might enjoy raising a few cuttlefish from eggs. @ceph just happens to be documenting an acquisition and hatching (with the end result for sale, I assume) that you may want to follow, here

:cuttlehi:Dylan! With a 65 you are open to a variety of cephs. Octopuses are my personal choice but you might enjoy raising a few cuttlefish from eggs. @ceph just happens to be documenting an acquisition and hatching (with the end result for sale, I assume) that you may want to follow, here

I think I'd be going the octopus route, they interest me more

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back