New to Cephalopods

Dylan

Hatchling
Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys, my name is Dylan. I'm a 16 year old high school student and I've recently become very interested in Cephalopods. I've had my reef tank for almost 2 years now and have enjoyed every minute of it. I'm fascinated with biology(Currently taking AP Bio :biggrin2:) and all types of marine life. I was first inspired to get a reef tank after scuba diving for the first time (have now been certified scuba diver for 3 years). I've recently picked up a new tank and have been researching what exactly I want to put in it until I crossed this forum. I have a lot of research and planning to do over the next few months and this looks like a great resource with very knowledgeable people. Very excited to join and learn from all of you! :biggrin2:

Squiderp 12

Blue Ring
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Dylan, I'm a squid living underwater on that planet from Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy. I'm a huge geek and enjoy telling bad puns in my spare time. I'm thinking to get a cuttlefish tank someday, so I prowl these forums searching for info.

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Dylan,

Weicome to the site! With your past experience, an octopus might be a good choice for you. You’ll find a lot of good information here, both articles and posts.

How large is your new tank?

Nancy

Dylan

Hatchling
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Dylan,

Weicome to the site! With your past experience, an octopus might be a good choice for you. You’ll find a lot of good information here, both articles and posts.

How large is your new tank?

Nancy
Its a 65 gallon

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
Reaction score
:cuttlehi:Dylan! With a 65 you are open to a variety of cephs. Octopuses are my personal choice but you might enjoy raising a few cuttlefish from eggs. @ceph just happens to be documenting an acquisition and hatching (with the end result for sale, I assume) that you may want to follow, here

Dylan

Hatchling
Registered
Reaction score
:cuttlehi:Dylan! With a 65 you are open to a variety of cephs. Octopuses are my personal choice but you might enjoy raising a few cuttlefish from eggs. @ceph just happens to be documenting an acquisition and hatching (with the end result for sale, I assume) that you may want to follow, here
I think I'd be going the octopus route, they interest me more

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jonny

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak

About the Monty Awards