New to blogging

QueenB

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
Hi I'm new to blogging and was curious if someone could help me figure out how to start my own blog/journal? I want it to be a picture book of where I started and everything along the way.

:welcome: to TONMO

I'm new to the staff so I'm not positive how to change your name or even if it can be done, But I'll make sure that either myself or another staff members answers that for you.

As for blogging I'm alittle confused by your question, Do you want the Journal to be an actual Blog like the ones found Here or a Journal like some of the ones found here.

A lot of members start one thread in the tank talk forums recording the process of building the tank up until the get there octopus or cuttlefish then they start a journal in the Journals Forum.
Not many have tried the Blogs, but your more than welcome too. they seem a little less interactive to me. Reading a blog is more like reading an article, where as a our threads in the forum are more like interactive discussions.

Thank You!
The Journal page answered my question I think. I just want to start something on here of my progress with my tanks. I agree completely about the blogging, my daughter is the one who suggested it. Thanks so much for the info, and looking forward to many many many discussions on here.
There wouldn't happen to be a chat room for Tonmo would there? Kind of like the old AOL and YAHOO chat rooms? Somewhere where the members could hang out, or even the staff? Well I guess thats what the forums are for. :oops:

Thanks again

Ramie

Well - I like the blogs and encourage their use in cases like this! They are available only to TONMO Supporters, however. They are more like a soapbox than an even-leveled discussion thread. You might find my blog entry titled "TONMO Explained" helpful. It explains all our features (chat is not one of them, although we used to offer it in the past...)

Welcome to the community!

Sir seeing as you are the Webmaster Would you mind Changing my viewed name? I was told it was inappropriate and well having it for 12 years, I tend to forget about it for public sights. I would Like for it to be my real name I guess. Only thing I can think of. I just don't want to offend anyone. If and when you do change it can you delete this post?

Thank you

I have another question to ask. I notice in some of my albums the photos are absolutely huge. Is there some way I can shrink them? I think they uploaded their original size, and I was curious if there is a setting or something I should do so as they are not as big when they are uploaded, yet have just as good of detail.

Thank You

Ramie is already in use. Let me know your 2nd choice! :smile:

I'll have to look into the image size issue. Not sure we can control that, but you could delete them and re-upload the resized images... you'd need to use an image editor (even MS Paint) to resize it.

Kind of stumped on what to name myself, let alone figure out a name for the baby Octopus once I get the nerve up to finally go for it. I'm gonna think about this one. Mat's only ever refferd to me as his QueenB. I may just make him help me.

Thank You

Or QueenB or QB to make it distinctive without losing your history :biggrin2:

I have not looked at your album but there is a sort of alternative. If you start a tank talk journal and upload the best 4 for each or your posts they will show as thumbnails, can be clicked on for a nice enlargement and clicked on again for the original huge size. Each post is restricted to four of these (artifact of the system, not any kind of mandate) but you can make multiple posts to add as many as you would like. I prefer the journals to the albums myself and they work well for tank buildouts and individual octopus/cuttlefish histories.

Thanks Tonmo slipped my mind preparing for my son to leave for the army Tomorrow. Running around like a crazy woman making plans for a family get together tonight for him before he leaves.

Thank You!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back