New theses (free) PDF online

Steve O'Shea

TONMO Supporter
Staff member
Registered
For those of you interested in reading some of the thesis research that has come from AUT in the last couple of years, on whale diet (many of the threads in this forum have lead to these theses), I have attached the following two links.

Be warned ... large files!!

Sperm Whale diet; scroll down for pdf access.

Pygmy Sperm Whale diet (how frustrating; I cannot find this myself; let me post the link later)

Excellent! Thanks for sharing -- I'll load this up into my ebook!

Looks like a great paper -- and the best use of 3-d charts I've seen. :notworth:

And of course, posted elsewhere, the effects of beach burial of cetaceans, and health and safety implications here

this is a very interesting analysis.

To my knowledge quartering is allways used in France to avoid that type of effects.

If the whale is small, quartering is made after taking away the creature's body. If the whale is too big, quartering is made on site. Of course Scientists take samples to studie death raisons.

I remember of a right whale skeleton exposed at a town city garden of a very small coastal town ( Luc sur Mer)

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back