New "Spider Man" Villian is cast

Jean said:
and no doubt his sidekick will be Squid Vicious :lol:

j

:roflmao: Wish I'd thought of that one!

BTW, speaking of UK avant-garde icons, Molina played Kenneth Halliwell, lover of playwright Joe Orton (played by Gary Oldman), in the 1987 biographical film about Orton titled PRICK UP YOUR EARS. It was a difficult role -- in the end, Halliwell murdered Orton and then committed suicide -- and Molina did a fantastic job with it.

While I'm not familiar with the character of Dr. Octopus, I know that Molina has already proven a fine actor in other quirky and/or sinister roles. Besides, if the sequel is as good as the first SPIDERMAN film, it will be worth the price of admission to see it on the big screen.

Tani

I just wonder what Dr Octo will look like - I remember his cartoon/comic persona as having the all white opaque glasses that lent an air of insanity, and his inhabiting a very mechanical octo suit. It would be lovely if the special effects folks took some liberties and made it more organic, but that probably will not occur.

Perhaps jumping the gun a little, but there are stronger than ever rumours that Alan Moore's Watchmen graphic novel will make it to the screen in 2004/5. What's ceph about this, you ask. Well, the original story featured a faked alien invasion complete with surreal Ceph/Cthulu mostrosities crashing onto Manhattan in a jellied mass of beaks and tentacles.

Would that it were...

:biggrin2:

amniote said:
Well, the original story featured a faked alien invasion complete with surreal Ceph/Cthulu mostrosities crashing onto Manhattan in a jellied mass of beaks and tentacles.

Would that it were...

:biggrin2:

Yo, Amniote, watch yer beak -- some of us here are Noo Yawkers! Besides, if a bunch of surreal tentacled monstrosities crashed onto Manhattan, everyone would probably think they were filming a TV commercial and ignore them.

Tani Banani
Exotic Brooklyn, NY -- "where the weak are killed.... and eaten!" :mrgreen:

im conflicted....if aliens invaded nyc, who would i pull for....hmmmm i guess the real question is who would i pity more..... :P

Actually, an Octopus would make a most excellent DJ.... Cuttin' eight records at a time...

"Come into the jam or look like a landlubber
And do the aquaboogie
Win lots of goodies..."

- "Rock the House" by Gorillaz featuring Del tha Funky Homosapien

John

if aqua boogies are the thing, why not go to an expert?

(Aqua boogie baby) Never learned to swim,
(underwater boogie baby)
Can't catch the rhythm of the stroke
(Aqua boogie baby) Why should I hold my breath,
(underwater boogie baby)
Feelin' that I might choke (Ha-ah, ha-ah, ha-ah!)

(Aqua boogie baby)
Things ya blow through, because of things ya swim through
(Underwater boogie baby)
Why hold your nose to spite your face (Ha-ah, ha-ah, ha-ah!)
(Aqua boogie baby)
With the rhythm that makes you dance to what we have to live through
(Underwater boogie baby)
You can dance underwater and not get wet, OH!!!

Psychoalphadiscobetabioaquadooloop
(Put me down, let go my leg OH!)
Psychoalphadiscobetabioaquadooloop
Psychoalphadiscobetabiohumanyouloop

from 'aqua boogie (a Psychoalphadiscobetabioaquadooloop)'
by George Clinton and P-Funk

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back