• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

New setup

marinemini

Hatchling
Registered
HI ALL

Over the last month ive been reading up on octopus (forums books articles) and their requirements so i think its time i got one so im just goining to rum past what i think im going to get.

20 gal (on RC someone said i can keep a bimac in this correct me if im wrong)
In the back of the tank a box with tiny slits in it to draw water in and through the skimmer.
LR
Another box with powerheads in and the inlet to a powerfilter and in the box mentioned above the outlet is in there.

is all this ok.
if anyone has any advice fo me that would be great.
what should i do about my hood.

tanks :biggrin2:

:welcome: to TONMO, Marine Mini!

A 20 gallon would be too small for a bimac, we recommend a 50 gallon or higher. :smile:

Looks good other than that.

Your hood doesn't have to be anything special, I used duct tape on mine but it kept getting in to the water. Bimacs aren't known to escape, but it's better safe than sorry. :wink:

Good luck! :smile:

Hi and welcome to the forum...

A 20 is too small as Nick says... they do get bigger than people expect

cheers
Colin

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back