new pics....vulgaris?

:octorun:

its been a while and a lot of them look the same as my old pics but heres some new ones to gander at...

Attachments

• conv_302995.jpg
    conv_302995.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 116
  • conv_302996.jpg
    conv_302996.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 100
  • conv_302997.jpg
    conv_302997.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 95
A couple of the photos look like images I'd seen before labeled "common brown octopus"...which I believe falls into the O. Vulgaris category. :biggrin2:

Upvote 0
Except for the last one, they look a bit like briareus to me... thin arms, a little bit of the blue-green color... or maybe I'm just imagining it.

Upvote 0
thats what you said a while back monty, i have got that from others in the past too i think... its got more character as every day pass's, i couldent of picked out a cooler aquarium pet! is the briareus a warm or cold species? my tank is heated

Upvote 0
nickcoletti;94210 said:
thats what you said a while back monty, i have got that from others in the past too i think... its got more character as every day pass's, i couldent of picked out a cooler aquarium pet! is the briareus a warm or cold species? my tank is heated

They're somewhat warm water, I think from around Florida. Carol had her briareus Igor for a long time, so she's probably a good person to ask for the optimal temperature.

Upvote 0
Egor was in a tank running 74 without a heater. She had the most awesome little babies, but unfortunately they didn't make it past 48 hours. I don't know why. What was amazing is when she laid the eggs it had to be at least 3 to 4 months later and they were fertile. I sent a video of her stalking a lego that TFH posted on their web extras. I'm hesitant to say yours is Briarius though. Egor had really long legs and a constant iridescent greenish/blue glow to her.

Upvote 0
well the long legs were not captured in these pictures. they get quite long when its on glass or searching for food. the greenish tint you see in the pictures must be a color the octopus has but to the naked eye i have never seen him in that color. its always browns, blacks, whites, and tans. i have the temp set at 78.

on another note its to late for this octo to have a name but my next one i will def have to name it. i feel it would be easier to refer to...:idea:

Upvote 0

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back