new pics of hex

Brock Fluharty

Haliphron Atlanticus
Registered
Reaction score
He's gorgeous! What species did you say he was? I can't remember, but I thought it started with either an O, or A.

DrBatty

GPO
Supporter
Reaction score
wow, beautiful display! that's a sizeable conch to conquer....your octo is ambitious! hehehehe

joefish84

Sepia elegans
Registered
Reaction score
supposed to be a vulgaris and at the rate that its growing im starting to believe it... already has a mantle about 2 inches and legs about 7

Brock Fluharty

Haliphron Atlanticus
Registered
Reaction score
Other species of octopuses have the blue spots, but bimacs are an "unbroken chain" I believe...

Armstrong

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, thats probably one of the most beautiful colorations so far of all the octopuses on here. Very bold and mottled with the two blue eyespots, its really amazing to see. Please keep posting more pictures, cuz I can't get enough of Hex. If it's a Vulgaris, it's definately going to be fun to look at 3 ft. of beautiful skin, lol.

Based on the skin patterns Hex makes, I don't think its a Bimaculoides. It could possibly be a Vulgaris for sure based on photographs from Marinebio.org and Vulgaris have been seen with false eyespots on the sides of their mantle area. Like iv posted b4, on the Ultimate Guide: Octopus, Dr. Jean Boal shows a Vulgaris in a clear open tank. It was all grey w/ blue eyespots.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SouthSeaPugsNReefin

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak

About the Monty Awards