New Octopus Arriving tomorrow....

corw314

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Moderator (Staff)
Welll....best made plans are usually totally destroyed. I got an email that my new octopus is arriving tomorrow. I had thought they would contact me first to set up a delivery date. I am operating in panic mode as I spoke to Patrick and a vulgaris is on it's way. So...as of this moment I just redid my fresh 47 to be salt (Never used copper) and am combining tanks as a temporary setup till I can get my 75 up and running. Not an ideal situation, but I WILL make it work! Wish me luck!

I have none right now and have been suffering withdrawals for about 2 months. Only one is coming and verified to be a vulgaris.

Well....hours later, this is the result of 2 tanks being combined. I even tried to buy a replacement tank for the one that sprang the leak but they did not have it in stock anymore. Should be crystal clear by morning. And the serpent starfish has been relocated to this tank!

Sounds like Octane's arrival - I told the collector that NEVER collects octos that I was looking for one in the next 6 months or so and the next week he phones his wife from the reef to have her email me that Octane was coming home! scramble to move coral, scramble to replace substrate, scramble to octoproof and now we are all doing amazingly well.

So envious on the vulgaris! Eventually, we will overhaul the 140 (rock work not stable enough for a large octo and some of the corals are not octo safe and I would like to replace the substrate (ug - the tank is 3' deep and I can't reach the bottom). Vicarous sharing is manditory.

Carol,
What is the tall green plant thing? I think I am going to use my critter vacant cold tank as a warm water seahorse tank (unless I break down and try cuttles one more time, Thales offer is tempting ...) and those look like an ideal plant but I have not seen them before (please don't tell me they are artificial).

Hi D!

It's a fake plant I thought looked like seaweed. Few more pics! I'm soooooo excited! And Serpent is in position....It's almost like he knows!

Well....I have a pristine tank with perfect parameters and unfortunately, the vulgaris was DOA. We think, meaning Patrick from Saltwaterearth.com and I that he was abused on his journey here. I have to say I would definitely order from him again and he will replace in a week or so. Very reputable person that genuinely cares about the animals he ships. This little vulgaris was a perfect size, probably curled up, size of an orange. He had some leg tips that were regrowing, and I was told there is an order from someone in the keys for 6 more, so hopefully in a week or so, I will try again.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back