• TONMOCON VII Announced | MBL at Woods Hole | Apr 6-8, 2018
  • Thanks for visiting! TONMO is the world's greatest online cephalopod enthusiast community, with interactive content going back to May of 2000, and a biennial conference. If you'd like to join in on the fun, become a TONMO member -- it's easy and free. You can follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more cephy goodness.

New Octo.....

corw314

Colossal Squid
Staff member
I ended up in Pa today and almost left this guy there as I'm almost positive he's an adult but the octomother in me got the best of me and he's hiding in Nonames tank. Acclimation went very smoothly but this one does a very exaggerated conehead look with his legs curled at the ends, almost like those you see walking in some of the documentaries. Keeping fingers crossed for the next 24.

corw314

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Day 2 = I hope all is well also. Have not seen even a tentacle since his Friday arrival which is good news cause I'm sure I would have seen a body if he had passed. And I think he is a dwarf, but different from Noname. Keeping fingers crossed.

corw314

Colossal Squid
Staff member
:angel::RIP Little Octo.... I kind of had a feeling. When the store was bagging him, a comment was made how he was taken out of a piece of coral he was hiding in. I think it was a she and she had eggs. Never ate as far as I know. I will try again....

DWhatley

Cthulhu
Staff member
Carol,
I've been gone all week but I assume you have seen the FL collector who has Hummelincki ... :sagrin:

DWhatley

Cthulhu
Staff member
corw314;120635 said:
Hi D! Yes I have! I ordered one!:smile:
Whooo HOO! If he/she is anything like Octane you will not be Octo lonely!

Hope the Saint has started to behave better. They have mental problems as they age but at 2 that kind of attitude is a concern.

Members online

No members online now.