• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

New octo

yup i see them too, so maybe bimac or hummellincki, i've never kept either so i'm not to sure what each looks like. Someone that has kept these might be able to help you out more..

tread head;108645 said:
Would hummelincki have more texture or como?

They can be smooth one second and very spikey the next. My first one seemed to usually be very smooth when moving around and usually very heavily textured when sitting still. I couldn't compare them to bimacs though because I've never kept one. I don't think I've seen any pictures of a heavily textured bimac.

If you can get some close shots of the eyespots if there are any we may be able to distinguish whether it is a bimac or not. I was able to notice a small difference between the eyespots on a Bimac and those on O. Hummelincki.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back