New Octo!!!

rc

GPO
Registered
Reaction score
I was currently involved with searching for a cuttle but i came across a cute little octo at an lfs tonight, not only was he cute it was about to become a victim of ignorance, the store was selling a 6g eclipse tank 3 rocks and sand with this octo ( which appears to be a bimac) as an octopus kit, i asked if i could purchase just the octo and i brought it home and placed it in my 55g tank
its almost 6 inches from arm tip to arm tip, havent got a name yet
ill post a pic as soon as i get a good one

neptune

Haliphron Atlanticus
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats!!!!! 8)

Since your new octo can't say it, thanks for saving him!!!! :rainbow:

Can't wait to follow this story!

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
Reaction score
Congratulations and thanks for saving the little octopus.

I wonder whether he's from octopets, too.

We'll have a place in our octo family for everyone.

Nancy

joel_ang

Architeuthis
Registered
Reaction score
Lets hope the octo is a greatfull one, Bimac? wow nice find, did you manage to see the blue spots? A 6g might have been ok for a short while but the octo would outgrow it in a week (or two).

rc

GPO
Registered
Reaction score
here is a picture of the little guy, he seems healthy just shy, im sure hell need a little while to get comfortable with his new enviorment

neptune

Haliphron Atlanticus
Registered
Reaction score
they love those corners don't they. :D

pics a little blurry but it does resemble a bimac. does the lfs know where they got it from.

NickA5582

Sepia elegans
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats on your octo, RC!!

rc said:
not only was he cute it was about to become a victim of ignorance,
Most octos are, mine was in a 15 gallon with 5-6 seahorses before I gave him a slightly better home. Thanks for saving the little guy. :wink:

rc

GPO
Registered
Reaction score
i did not use a macro, probably why its blurry, also i had to use the camera's feature to lighten the picture b/c the corner hes in is actually kind of a shadow, and not to mention my camera is one of the earlier models of digitals to come out (time for a new one).

NickA5582,
i would consider a 15g tank reasonable for as a temp home for an octo this small, but 6? and they werent selling it as a temp home they led people to believe this was an adequate home long term :bugout:

once upon a time i would have thought this was true and i think i might have had an octo in a 6g tank but i never claimed to be an expert either, its mostely because of this site that i have been able to acumulate a wealth of info on one of my all time favorite creatures, now not only can i keep one alive, i can actually try to make it happy and comfortable as well