new octo ( henry )

monty

TONMO Supporter
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome: Henry! He looks like a bimac to me (Octopus bimaculatus or Octopus bimaculoides, they're very hard to tell apart).

Where did he come from? How big is he? He looks pretty big in the first two pictures, but with the straw he looks like he's not full grown.

corw314

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Reaction score
:welcome:to Henry! He looks like one I had a little different than the tank raised bimacs we all got but one who I called G2. His eye spot is very different from the California Bimacs.

big fish

Cuttlefish
Registered
Reaction score
i got him in florida...they said its an atlantic octopus. whatever that means. not too sure how big he is. id say maybe 3 inch mantle and 5 inch arms. just a guess

monty

TONMO Supporter
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
hummelincki would certainly make more sense if he's from the Atlantic... I guess now that I look at the spots again, they do have more of a yellow-around-blue look to them, rather than the ring-of-blue-chain like bimacs... but the texture and coloration looks rather bimac-ish to me...

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
Reaction score
My immediate thought was O. hummelincki (filosus) but I have not had a bimac. Check my thread on Octane

http://www.tonmo.com/community/index.php?threads/8759/ (first and second pages) to see if you agree.

Octane is from either the Gulf or Atlantic (I need to ask but keep forgetting) and obtained from a diver/collector I know so there is no doubt about her origination. She shows color and texture change constantly and, in spite of being full grown, has been a wonderful pet for the week we have had her.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ellingson

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak