New member; new octo

hello all - as the title says I have just picked up an octo after a fair amount of research and long trawls through this site.

Can anyone spare a minute to have a go at IDing my new ceph? I have seen the odd octo on here that looks familiar, particularly sedno's "Al" - any chance I have an A. auleatus on mt hands?

"He" has no visible eyespots or prominent horns, though he does appear to have small horns at times.

Here are some shots of him in his acclimatisation tub:

Octopus.jpg

Octopus010.jpg

Octopus004.jpg

Thanks for reading :smile:

:welcome: to TONMO!

I agree that it looks more like aculeatus than most other octos I can think of, but I have some weird nagging doubt, too. Something about the body patterns seems funny. Any idea what part of the world it came from?

Upvote 0
monty;121592 said:
:welcome: to TONMO!

I agree that it looks more like aculeatus than most other octos I can think of, but I have some weird nagging doubt, too. Something about the body patterns seems funny. Any idea what part of the world it came from?

Unfortunately the retailer couldn't tell me where it was collected which is making the ID a bit trickier. He is very active and not at all shy, I haven't observed much else about him yet.

Upvote 0

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back