New member from Las Vegas

theo_laz

Hatchling
Registered
Hello TONMO members,

I am a new member in these forums and I just wanted to introduce myself. I am a collector of Argonauta shells. I have taken pictures of my (small?) collection which you can view here: http://picasaweb.google.com/theo.laz/ArgonautaCollection

My collection contains argonauta shells from the following species: Argo, Cygnus, Boettgeri, Cornuta, Hians, Nodosa and Nouryi (from various localities). The only species that I am missing (at least to my knowledge) is the Argonauta Pacifica. By the way, does anyone possess this particular shell or has any pictures of it? The only "picture" that I have (it is from a book) is the one posted on the above link (it is the one with the number '13' next to it). The only *other* picture of this species that I have seen on the internet is the one listed on Wikipedia (which was actually obtained from http://shell.kwansei.ac.jp) but in reality though this is a small Argonauta Cornuta (I have six of them in my collection). Your input would be *very* much appreciated. By the way, did I mention that this is a great website? :smile:

Sincerely,

Theo Laz.

:welcome: That's quite an impressive collection! Marinebio_guy had a live argonaut recently, but I'm not sure which species... it was from the pacific, so it could be your missing one.

monty;84030 said:
:welcome: That's quite an impressive collection! Marinebio_guy had a live argonaut recently, but I'm not sure which species... it was from the pacific, so it could be your missing one.
Yes... I read his post. Sadly though he never posted any images and attempts to contact him failed. Oh well... :smile:

I guess I spoke too soon... Marinebio_guy emailed me pictures of the argonauta that he captured. It appears that it *is* an Argonauta Pacifica. What luck... thanks again for the pictures Marinebio_guy!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back