new lurker in the cephalo-hood

trelanea

Hatchling
Registered
Hi all! Just came across this community/magazine and I'm just tickled to meet other people who love cute squishy sucky invertebrates! WHEE I am particularly fond of cephalopods, nudibranchs, and cnidarians.

I recently graduated from Oregon State University with a bachelors degree in zoology, and one in biology. However Oregon's job market [tonmo edit: "sucks" will do :smile: ], so I remain unemployed. I've decided to go to graduate school for a PhD. Anyone have any good recommendations of west coast grad programs in biology, marine biology, or zoology?? I looked up some today but word of mouth is always good too.

~Paige
:boat:

Welcome to Tonmo, Paige...interesting review of the Oregon job market...don't know if I have heard that one yet ! :lol:
Check with Dr. SOS...he is our academic wizard...good hunting!
Greg

Welcome trelanea! I kinda had to edit your post there, you know, family-friendly site and all...

:police:

Lovely art on your Website! Glad you're here!

:welcome: indeedy; afraid I'm at the other end of the world to the US folk, so it would be a major move/relocation to study cephs.

um... said:
:welcome:, Paige! This squishy sucky invertebrate is just tickled to meet you, too.

Hope you get connected.

Uh Oh, lets hope Sir Dr Ummmmm...... doesn't develop a new ummfatuation!

Hajimemashite!

My name is John, and I too would like to say hello and that not all is lost in the world of marine biology/ zoology. Good luck, and you may want to apply around the country. I look forward to reading your posts.

Welcome to TONMO, where the past, present, and future is Cephalopods!

Sushi and Sake, (Gochiso-sama)!

John

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back