new lurker in the cephalo-hood

trelanea

Larval Mass
Registered
Hi all! Just came across this community/magazine and I'm just tickled to meet other people who love cute squishy sucky invertebrates! WHEE I am particularly fond of cephalopods, nudibranchs, and cnidarians.

I recently graduated from Oregon State University with a bachelors degree in zoology, and one in biology. However Oregon's job market [tonmo edit: "sucks" will do :) ], so I remain unemployed. I've decided to go to graduate school for a PhD. Anyone have any good recommendations of west coast grad programs in biology, marine biology, or zoology?? I looked up some today but word of mouth is always good too.

~Paige
:boat:

um...

Architeuthis
Supporter
:welcome:, Paige! This squishy sucky invertebrate is just tickled to meet you, too.

Hope you get connected.

Melissa

Larger Pacific Striped Octopus
Supporter
Welcome Paige, and good luck! There are graduate research proposals in the science forums, and that would give you an idea of what's desirable to at least one academic scientist....

Melissa

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
Welcome trelanea! I kinda had to edit your post there, you know, family-friendly site and all...

:police:

Lovely art on your Website! Glad you're here!

Steve O'Shea

Colossal Squid
Supporter
:welcome: indeedy; afraid I'm at the other end of the world to the US folk, so it would be a major move/relocation to study cephs.

um... said:
:welcome:, Paige! This squishy sucky invertebrate is just tickled to meet you, too.

Hope you get connected.
Uh Oh, lets hope Sir Dr Ummmmm...... doesn't develop a new ummfatuation!

Fujisawas Sake

Supporter
Registered
Hajimemashite!

My name is John, and I too would like to say hello and that not all is lost in the world of marine biology/ zoology. Good luck, and you may want to apply around the country. I look forward to reading your posts.

Welcome to TONMO, where the past, present, and future is Cephalopods!

Sushi and Sake, (Gochiso-sama)!

John

Tintenfisch

Architeuthis
Staff member
um... said:
Nah. :twisted: need not worry, Sir Dr. ummmmm... is quite monogummous.
Well thank :cthulhu: for that... would hate to see Paige summarily frightened off by casually visiting TONMO and discovering a Photoshop of herself starring in The Paige of Innocence or something similar. :roll:

Anyway - :welcome:

Fujisawas Sake

Supporter
Registered
"The Page of Innocence"?

Just what are you reading in your spare time, Kat? :lol:

Is this like the time I photoshopped a friend's head onto a squid and sold it to the FOX network?

John

WhiteKiboko

Colossal Squid
Supporter
Registered
Im still waiting for the royalties after you slapped my head on a picture of a "river horse" and sold it to them....

Members online

No members online now.