• TONMOCON VII Announced | MBL at Woods Hole | Apr 6-8, 2018
  • Thanks for visiting! TONMO is the world's greatest online cephalopod enthusiast community, with interactive content going back to May of 2000, and a biennial conference. If you'd like to join in on the fun, become a TONMO member -- it's easy and free. You can follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more cephy goodness.

new lurker in the cephalo-hood

trelanea

Larval Mass
Registered
Hi all! Just came across this community/magazine and I'm just tickled to meet other people who love cute squishy sucky invertebrates! WHEE I am particularly fond of cephalopods, nudibranchs, and cnidarians.

I recently graduated from Oregon State University with a bachelors degree in zoology, and one in biology. However Oregon's job market [tonmo edit: "sucks" will do :) ], so I remain unemployed. I've decided to go to graduate school for a PhD. Anyone have any good recommendations of west coast grad programs in biology, marine biology, or zoology?? I looked up some today but word of mouth is always good too.

~Paige
:boat:

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
Welcome to Tonmo, Paige...interesting review of the Oregon job market...don't know if I have heard that one yet ! :lol:
Check with Dr. SOS...he is our academic wizard...good hunting!
Greg

um...

Architeuthis
Supporter
:welcome:, Paige! This squishy sucky invertebrate is just tickled to meet you, too.

Hope you get connected.

Melissa

Larger Pacific Striped Octopus
Supporter
Welcome Paige, and good luck! There are graduate research proposals in the science forums, and that would give you an idea of what's desirable to at least one academic scientist....

Melissa

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
Welcome trelanea! I kinda had to edit your post there, you know, family-friendly site and all...

:police:

Lovely art on your Website! Glad you're here!

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
...and props on the surly squid avatar... 8)

Steve O'Shea

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
:welcome: indeedy; afraid I'm at the other end of the world to the US folk, so it would be a major move/relocation to study cephs.

um... said:
:welcome:, Paige! This squishy sucky invertebrate is just tickled to meet you, too.

Hope you get connected.
Uh Oh, lets hope Sir Dr Ummmmm...... doesn't develop a new ummfatuation!

Fujisawas Sake

Supporter
Hajimemashite!

My name is John, and I too would like to say hello and that not all is lost in the world of marine biology/ zoology. Good luck, and you may want to apply around the country. I look forward to reading your posts.

Welcome to TONMO, where the past, present, and future is Cephalopods!

Sushi and Sake, (Gochiso-sama)!

John

Tintenfisch

Architeuthis
Staff member
um... said:
Nah. :twisted: need not worry, Sir Dr. ummmmm... is quite monogummous.
Well thank :cthulhu: for that... would hate to see Paige summarily frightened off by casually visiting TONMO and discovering a Photoshop of herself starring in The Paige of Innocence or something similar. :roll:

Anyway - :welcome:

Fujisawas Sake

Supporter
"The Page of Innocence"?

Just what are you reading in your spare time, Kat? :lol:

Is this like the time I photoshopped a friend's head onto a squid and sold it to the FOX network?

John

WhiteKiboko

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
Im still waiting for the royalties after you slapped my head on a picture of a "river horse" and sold it to them....

Phil

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
Welcome, nice to have you here! (Sorry to have missed this at the time, almost two years ago!).

And Merry Christmas too!

Members online

No members online now.