New LFS octopus

My LFS has a new octopus from the caribbean. Arms about 5-6 inches, mantel about 1-2 inches, nocturnal, yellowish-white brown skin at rest, cash reddish brown when agitated, no visible eye spot, slight purplish color around suction disks, very long arms compared to mantel, skin texture rough. I want to say vulgaris because it doesn't look like briareus. Need help asap please.

So this little guy definately does not want to acclimate in a bag. He crawled out twice before I eventually gave up and put him inside the bucket. He's not shy at all. The tank is still pretty cloudy and as he acclimates so does the bucket cloud. Pictures will come though.

Upvote 0
One of two.

Attachments

• conv_297911.jpg
    conv_297911.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 101
Upvote 0
Thanks. I have him in a critter keeper right now until I finish getting the tank arranged. He came out while I was feeding my elasmobranchs. I guess he could smell the food. I gave him some krill, and he took it more than willingly. He even played tug-o-war with the feeding stick for a little bit.

Upvote 0

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back