New LFS octopus | The Octopus News Magazine Online
  • Thanks for visiting! TONMO is the world's greatest online cephalopod enthusiast community, with interactive content going back to May of 2000, and a biennial conference. If you'd like to join in on the fun, become a TONMO member -- it's easy and free. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more cephy goodness.

New LFS octopus

skywindsurfer

Architeuthis
Registered
My LFS has a new octopus from the caribbean. Arms about 5-6 inches, mantel about 1-2 inches, nocturnal, yellowish-white brown skin at rest, cash reddish brown when agitated, no visible eye spot, slight purplish color around suction disks, very long arms compared to mantel, skin texture rough. I want to say vulgaris because it doesn't look like briareus. Need help asap please.

OB

Colossal Squid
Staff member
It certainly could be, any pictures available?

skywindsurfer

Architeuthis
Registered
Sorry. I do, but since we're in the middle of a move our internet isn't set up yet. I'm using my phone right now. I can only email them right now.

SabrinaR

Larger Pacific Striped Octopus
Registered
NM I just realized this was in the ID request forum lol

skywindsurfer

Architeuthis
Registered
Change of plans, I think I will get this octopus. My wife and I discussed the options of what we could put in the tank and I think its going to be another octopus.

skywindsurfer

Architeuthis
Registered
So this little guy definately does not want to acclimate in a bag. He crawled out twice before I eventually gave up and put him inside the bucket. He's not shy at all. The tank is still pretty cloudy and as he acclimates so does the bucket cloud. Pictures will come though.

skywindsurfer

Architeuthis
Registered
Thanks. I have him in a critter keeper right now until I finish getting the tank arranged. He came out while I was feeding my elasmobranchs. I guess he could smell the food. I gave him some krill, and he took it more than willingly. He even played tug-o-war with the feeding stick for a little bit.

Members online

No members online now.

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV: Terri
TONMOCON V: Jean
TONMOCON VI: Taollan
TONMOCON VII: ekocak

About the Monty Awards