New Jetta Pics

joel_ang

Architeuthis
Registered
Reaction score
Looks like you got a challenge on you hands, I got one coming on thursday. GOOD LUCK :thumbsup:

dbbga

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
Reaction score
ok like what kind of fun? :shock: SHe isnt gonna come out and chase me around the house is she? :lol:

Colin

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
Reaction score
No, but she will still have you running about like an idiot! LOL :lol:

You will need to have at least one item of food per day per baby octopus!

dbbga

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
Reaction score
ok i checked on her this morning, and she has stopped eating :cry: I found the last two days of food that i had given her pushed to the back behind her den :cry: :cry: Now she wont even look at me with food :cry: Poor baby.

Colin

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
Reaction score
make sure you get all that stuff out and have a carefull check when you do put food in that its being eaten.... better have a quick ammonia test just in case :bugout:

dbbga

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
Reaction score
Ive gotten everything out and did a water change just in case and added carbon to the filter. I do have live crabs in the tank that have been in there since before she arrived, but she shows not interest in them. I offered her a fresh shrimp and after a while she took it into the den, no sign of it as of yet. Keeping a close eye on her :|

dbbga

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
Reaction score
:? well i have been watching her all day, she pushed the shrimp out of the den :? I turned the lights off except for the moon light as to give her some peace alittle early today. She did come out and look at me for a while,,,, we just sat there looking at each other, then she moved back into the den :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: I really hope she comes about :|

joel_ang

Architeuthis
Registered
Reaction score
I hope she's gonna be fine, is she supposed to be a dwarf? Could it be ....

dbbga

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
Reaction score
She is not a dwarf by any means, she is huge. I know she is a full grown female, that is the chane I took in hopes of getting a gravid female :? She is a Briareus.

joel_ang

Architeuthis
Registered
Reaction score
Forgive my ignorance then :heee: Could the problem be water quality related? Try doing a partial water change.

Colin

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not even sure there is a problem, they are just very different to bimacs, that's all. They are not as active during the day and naturally a bit more secretive fullstop.. especially since she was probably wild caught as an adult

dbbga

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
Reaction score
Collin, She was wild caught as an adult. Wed will be two weeks. She really seems to be ok, Im just more used to Bimacs as you said :wink:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JPrater

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak