• TONMOCON VII Announced | MBL at Woods Hole | Apr 6-8, 2018
  • Thanks for visiting! TONMO is the world's greatest online cephalopod enthusiast community, with interactive content going back to May of 2000, and a biennial conference. If you'd like to join in on the fun, become a TONMO member -- it's easy and free. You can follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more cephy goodness.

New Inklet Pictures Again!

corw314

Colossal Squid
Staff member
I have been getting some great shots of Inklet these past few days, I have trouble figuring out which to post!!! I have noticed my bristleworm population has discovered he's an excellent food source. There are times I look by Inklets shell and there has to be over 20 worms all in a pile eating the remains of his meal. The serpent starfish is also back to lurking by him also. Sometimes I think Inklet releases some of what he's eating just so everyone will leave him alone!

The first shot he had just grabbed one of the huge crabs I had bought.
The next, he looked like he was getting pissed off cause everyone was out to get his food. He finally retreated to his favorite shell but had a hard time fitting his meal in with him!

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
Carol,

You're getting good pics of little Inklet! Shows his coloring very well, too.
Keep posting your Inklet pics, I always enjoy seeing them.

Nancy

corw314

Colossal Squid
Staff member
The salute picture....was actually the arm of the serpent star trying to steal Inklet's crab!!!!!

corw314

Colossal Squid
Staff member
He has grown :mrgreen: !!! He's an eating machine!!! His mantle now is about 2 1/2 inchs, fat hefty legs, which makes me believe he may end up with size like Ollie!!!! Yesterday he was playing!!! He came to the waterline and swam to the top of a plant and swam back!! Did it more that 5 times!!! He has to squish himself into his shell!!! Even when he's in rest mode the old eyeball is watching! Last night I woke to find him plastered to the front of the tank watching Jess & I sleep!! He has been eating a fiddler crab a day! May have to go back to Lancastor today for more! Plus there's a reptile show out there also!!!

Carol

Members online

No members online now.