new hex pictures

well i really cant call hex hex anymore... the 2 missing arms are almost fully regenerated and i believe hex is a male due to the fact that the 3rd arm to the right has a blunt tip not due to injury and the last couple mm doesnt have any suckers. anyway heres the pics

Attachments

• conv_302855.jpg
    conv_302855.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 121
  • conv_302856.jpg
    conv_302856.jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 102
  • conv_302857.jpg
    conv_302857.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 112
I definitely think that Hex has been my favourite octopus to follow through TONMO. He's displayed some really beautiful colours and patterns. Love the pics!

Cheers!

Yes it is a vulgaris for sure. But, in USA, do you have this sp. in your coasts? What sp there exist inside of the genus Octopus in your country?(bimaculatus, bimaculoides and any think else?) Here in spain coast, there only exist vulgaris inside of Octopus genus.

Cheers
Carles

O. vulgaris can be found south of Nova Scotia, Canada (though probably not very common), through the Caribbean and Gulf of Mexico. Also on the Pacific coast in the Sea of Cortez and off Baja, California.
Here and click on one of the mappers above.

Others in Octopus include briareus, burryi, californicus, defilippi, filosus, joubini, and macropus. (From Cephbase's Biogeography search under USA's Economic Exclusive zone.)

Cheers!

Great pictures and I'll agree main_board and say "Hex" has some wonderful coloration.

One question; do you keep a cover over the top of your tank? It didn't look like it from the pictures

yeah i do its a 125 with the 3 sections in the top so ive got 1 solid piece of acrylic over the left side and two glass lids over the other holes that way i can still feed and all easily

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back