New here, need help

sandman10

Hatchling
Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone iam new to the forum and have some questions.

Iam just starting my 135gal and was wondering if i can put an octo in it, what kind , and what else can go in the tank with it?

Thanks alot

James, o and my real screen name is milkmanf12@aol.com i acciedential deleted the e-mail ( i know i cant spell)

NickA5582

Sepia elegans
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome: Sandman10!
You could have an octopus bimaculoides in your tank, but not much else; only echinoderms. Look here for other things you should know about caring for your octo. :)

sandman10

Hatchling
Registered
Reaction score
well i dont think iam ready to dedicate my tank to one single octo, so iam having doubts of getting one

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
Reaction score
Hi Sandman,

Welcome to the site! I'm no expert myself, but there are plenty here...

I do know that you can have cohabitants, but you have to choose carefully. You might want to have a look at our Ceph Care page (see top navigation) and read some of the resources available there, including our OCTO Database (again on top nav), which contains specifications on how other cephalopod owners are maintaining their tanks. Good luck!

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,
If you really feel that you want a big tank with lots of things in it and lots of activity, you probably would prefer a reef tank. If you are really interested in having an octopus, then making an attractive aquascape (which your adult octopus may rearrange) should suffice.

Nancy

sandman10

Hatchling
Registered
Reaction score
i already have a 30 gallon reef and love it but i cant afford another one expesialy this size. Iam going to make it mostly aggressive and i was just wondering if an octo could go in with everything else (triggers,eels,tangs,etc.)

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
Reaction score
Nope, leave the octo out. It will eat your other tank inhabitants, or they will eat it. Not good!

Nancy

sandman10

Hatchling
Registered
Reaction score
ok :? hmm what is the min. size tank for an octo? Maybe i could start a tank just for it! I dunno though, its hard to keep my 2 tanks going as it is, iam only in high school.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TDarko

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak

About the Monty Awards