• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

New here/JUST GOT MY OCTO!

I GOT MY OCTPUS! He is about the size of a half dollar, got him for $72.00 tank raised. I was some what surprised at how small he was but I guess it means he will just live longer, how ever I don't trust my "octopus proofing" to keep him in, so until he gets a little bit bigger he will be living an an acrylic box with screening over it. Any way I drip acclimated him and put him in the tank, gave him a little chunk of baby bay scallop and he was all over it within seconds. munched on it out in the open for awhile and then took resident in a very large Mexican turbo snail shell. sticks his head out of the opening every now and then. By far this is the neatest pet I've ever owned. Can't wait till he gets bigger!:biggrin2: I'll try to get some pics for an ID, I'm thinking bimac since he was tank raised.

:welcome: to you and your octo! do you know where it came from?

Welcome to TONMO.com :welcome:
and welcome to your new octopus!
Do you know what species your octopus is? And does it have a name?
I will add it to the List of Our Octopuses when I have this information.
Hope you will be posting some photos soon on Journals and Photos''

Oh - one more thing, make sure you have good waterflow through the acrylic box you but him in.

Nancy

It came from a place called "quality marine" sold as an "assorted tank raise octopus" I actually work at the LFS I bought it from. No idea what species it is, when I can get some decent pictures I'm hoping to get an ID. I've named it Kraken, I'll post up some pictures when I see him out. oh and as for flow, I have a maxijet 1200 pointed toward the vent of the box, should be alright.

ionredline0260;104934 said:
It came from a place called "quality marine" sold as an "assorted tank raise octopus" I actually work at the LFS I bought it from. No idea what species it is, when I can get some decent pictures I'm hoping to get an ID. I've named it Kraken, I'll post up some pictures when I see him out. oh and as for flow, I have a maxijet 1200 pointed toward the vent of the box, should be alright.

er, I meant more like "what ocean did it come from" or hopefully something a bit more geographically specific.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back