new guy

imsolost

Hatchling
Registered
im new to the whole pus thing and i was wondering for a newbie whats the best breed to start out with. my lfs has one for sale for 39.99. i have no idea what kind it is but was wondering if thats a normal price. thanx for the help
rob

:welcome: to TONMO. Can you take a picture of it? We might be able to identify it from that...

Upvote 0
Start with the articles on ceph care (Articles link at the top of all pages). Nancy and Colin has put together a book that will also be helpful to understand the care and keeping requirements for a ceph. Once you are armed with some of the care information, cruise the journals for the different animals that are available and read about their behaviors.

Upvote 0
cool thanx alot guys ill try to take a pic of it and post it. ive read a little bit about them and i was also wondering is a 20g breeder tank big enough for one? also what kind of filter and power head light etc. should i be using

Upvote 0
A 20 gallon aquarium is only acceptable for a dwarf species. After you have read through the articles, there is a lot of aquarium specification for various set-ups in the Tank Talk forum but the basic care articles will give you a good starting ballpark.

Upvote 0

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back