• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

New Cuttlefish Venture

I am planning on stocking up my tank with corals and stuff while i wait a few months before getting a cuttle...even though i brought all 660litres of the water with me in the move! i have some questions about tank mates for a cuttle as i dont want to have to get rid of them all when the time comes.

Australian Sea Apples? very cool and cheap locally (in Australia)?

Nudibranches - lots of local and cool varieties... but will they poison a cuttle?

Star fish should be ok...right?

pencil urchins - i prefer them to spiny and purple varieties anyway! are they ok?

Is there anything else really cool i can keep with it?

that what i said too collin!!

I think Colin kept sea apples with his cuttles too, maybe he could answer that. I don't know it nudibranches release toxins so i can't really help on that either. Starfish should be fine and its best that the urchin be blunt-spined, A cuttle jetting into a sharp one won't be a pretty sight. :goofysca:

I think that the sea apple is a very good choice but they can be tricky... however, the best one i have ever seen was at Joel said, in my cuttle tank and it grew quite large.. i think that the waste floatimng about from a cuttle munching a crab serve it well :smile:

wow, i just got completely put off sea apples reguardless of how cool they are!!! :frown:

I read on several web sites that if they are stressed or die, they will kill everything in the tank!!! Ahhhh! :x

bummer, how hard are they to keep alive? - and what do you think of nudibranches?

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back