• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

New Cube!

Michael Roth

Blue Ring
Registered
Very excited about this custom tank, long time coming really. I hope to have it ready for a bimac when my preferred lfs brings it in...

DSCF0007.jpg

and here is a thought I have for filtration, not sure if I like the prefilter on the return side though...

layout.jpg

You might want to consider keeping the water level lower than the available room. I bring this up for two reasons. One it seems to help keep octopuses in the tank if there is more than an inch of air space between the top of the water and the top of the tank (we actually removed and lowered an overflow in one of our tanks for this reason) and two, typical aquarium silicone is only rated for an 18" height. I am not sure why this is but it was something we noted recently when buying silicone to glue lid supporting braces on our acrylic tank. I wouldn't have notice it except burnthestatus had a minor (minor in that only one started leaking and the others were rebraced before anything happened) disaster with his custom tanks at the beginning of his experiments.

Nono... It will be in the same (smaller) cube my last abdopus was in. I just don't find it as useful as the new cube is, but I have not even set up the new cube yet, let alone had it run long enough to be an appropriate home.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back