[New Content Area]: Fossils and History

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Site Owner
I'm happy to announce the addition of a new content area on TONMO.com: Ceph Fossils. This new area will carry articles and content pertaining to cephalopod fossils and history.

Inherent with this new area is a new content offering: Family Tree of Cephalopods, which is a valuable chart that provides a comprehensive look at cephalopod evolution through the ages.

Thanks to TONMO.com staff member Phil Eyden for his sharp focus on this subject matter, and for the abundance of news and information he shares with us on a regular basis. :notworth:

....cool, but I'm sure there's meant to be a little spike leading up from the ammonites to the Recent fauna!!! I'm going to dedicate the rest of my life to finding that one living fossil.

Steve O'Shea said:
....cool, but I'm sure there's meant to be a little spike leading up from the ammonites to the Recent fauna!!! I'm going to dedicate the rest of my life to finding that one living fossil.

Good luck to you Steve!

By the way, is it true that Mesonychoteuthis is in fact a giant ammonite? I've heard it drops its shell in excitement on sight of a Patagonian Toothfish and in panic when it spots a fishing trawler.

:smile:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back