New Ceph Admirer, Chromatophore Enviest, and artist!

Density

Cuttlefish
Registered
Well hello World of Tonmo!

I have lurked often enough...for years actually...before I finally figured I should just be a member. I do not house a ceph of my own, but I love them.

As of late I have been visiting this site much more often due to my new artwork needing good reference. Thank you TONMO and friends for updating the webspace with great photos, videos, and information.

If you wish to view what I'm working on, you can visit my flickr or my website. I hope you enjoy :wink:

I wish I had a drawing talent! I puttered about with oils for several years for fun and to improve my observation skills but my "art" work is definitely brute force (hence the oils :biggrin2:). I would love to do an ongoing personality impression of each of the animals I have kept but am not up to the task.

@DWhatley Thank-you again for your kind words:smile: and I'm excited you carry a torch for art in your life! Have you thought of having a sketchbook? They take less time, for sure!

@The_Damped Wow, I'm glad you like! Thanks so much for checking out my work! Actually, that IS a design for stationary I plan on getting in my etsy shop soon. I want to hand letterpress then, which makes it a bit difficult to do it cheaply. But I've bee asking around, and I might have someone to let me borrow their handheld press, which would be great. I'll let you know if anything comes of it :smile:

@tonmo
Thank you! Haha I was lurking far too long. It was time.

@corw314
Thank you very much :smile: Also, I cannot help myself...I am compelled to say something about what you wrote: I deeply believe we all have the talent we wish we did. I think you might surprise yourself :wink:

Also...on another note...I did check the forums, and searched the FAQ, but I did not find an answer to a question. I am not sure where to post it - so I think I will post it here in my newby-ness.

Is there a way to favorite a post here at TONMO, so they can be saved in my profile if I want to re-visit them if I forgot where I found it? Is that essentially the "subscribe to this thread" tool?

I have wanted a feature like that too but sadly, only subscribe (with no individual thread options) is currently available (you can have an email sent when a subscribed thread is updated but that is still an all or none option). For journals, I maintain an annual list with the species, where it came from, the keeping member and a link and have started a couple of other link collection threads that are "stuck" to the top of the forums but ATM that is the only marking available.

If you become a supporter (a whopping $10/year) you will have access to your own blog and can use an entry to keep your own links but it is a manual process at best.

Yes, it's the subscribe feature- which you can configure to send you an email whenever there's a reply.... I'm pretty sure we offer a weekly our daily digest in email as well...

Sent via Tapatalk on Android

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back