New book: Cephalopods: Octopuses and Cuttlefish in the Home Aquarium

Hi everyone,

So here's an update - the book is coming along just fine and we'll be handing in the manuscript and photos in about 5 weeks. It takes a long time to design and lay out the book and prepare it for publication.

I've been working on it every day for so long that I will have withdrawal when I finally hand it off!

I have asked to have input on the Index because a good index makes a book so much more usable.

Preparing the photos, captions and getting everything ready is no small task, either. I think you'll be happy with the photos - we have contributions from Tonmo members as well as our own photos and photos from others. We are trying to have a wide variety of photos with many species represented, photos that help illustrate what we've written. We're also paying attention to photo quality, so that the photos reproduce well. Sad to say that many photos from 4 or 5 years ago are almost too small in megapixels to reproduce.

As for signed copies, that's going to be hard with Colin in Scotland and me in Texas, but we'll see.

Of course, if it weren't for TONMO.com, this book would never have been written. So thanks to all of your for your questions, your journals, your encouragement, and your inspiration!

Nancy

esquid;113242 said:
Thank you for caring about the index. In most books they are nearly pointless.

A coworker of mine had a test to see if a book had an adequate index: pick the book up by the index pages and shake it hard, and if the pages rip, the index is no good...

There's probably a moral in there about using strong paper, or something...

I am heartened to see the authors requesting influence on the index. I will not buy a reference book (IT or aquaria) if the index is weak (this would be an exception but I am happy that it does not have to be!)

Nancy and Colin are making the rest of us look bad. Hey, I have a printer...:smile:

Seriously, wonderful news, congratulations!!!! Lots of hard work pays off.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back