New Baby octopus

She ate! I had some small frozen crabs so I thought I would try those and she took it with gusto.

Her looks have me puzzled. She looks a bit like HP and Mystique (around the eyes) but her IDK what to call it... I guess the base right under her eyes to her webbing in the front looks like the octopus in the picture from Live Aquaria that Capt bought not to long ago... but she isnt acting nocturnal or at least not completely nocturnal. I noticed she was out around 930. While she is shy she didnt run from the light being on her. The few pictures I took were very blurred so posting them would be a waste of time. I hope to get better ones here soon.

I know that D has mentioned cross breeding... how likely is that? Going to check out Capts journal now.

After looking at Capts pictures I would say they are roughly the same size. She is tiny.

I never realized how many of my rocks looked like an octopus until I went looking for Baby :lol: She wasnt in the same spot and now I cant find her. Hopefully I will find her either later or tomorrow. My lighting is out for repairs so this tank is dark as can be with out a flash light.

Live Aquaria has been known to ship an unknown Macropus (often called luteus by divers but that description in Norton does not match the animal even though the animal photographed and my two were likely the same species). Look at puddles journal and see if baby resembles him (the pointy cone head is often seen on various octopuses but is a common posture for this species). GREAT animal if you can get it to come out early in the evening. Forever27 had luck with getting Lennon to come out during the day, as did Thales.

Baby Pictures!

Ok so I managed to get a few pictures. She is smaller than I thought.

Baby009.jpg

Baby011.jpg

Right now she acts very nocturnal... well shy, comes out around 8 or 9 and dances on the glass just like HP did. I am looking forward to watching her grow. Now I might actually have an octopus for longer than 3 months! If I had to guess I would say her arms are about 5 inches +/-. I still havent gotten a very good look at her mantel.

I know I know.. its a guess... but shes smaller than Mystique so one way or another I would say shes a baby.... hope shes a baby.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back