[Octopus]: New Atlantic Octopus

Sorry about that, I knew it was Atlantic Longarm, not longleg. anyway, I watched the video, and it's exactly like her. The color, movement, and displays, all in miniature. Now that she is in the 58 g. I probably won't see her. She came out last night 9:00 pm, when the red light came on and the daylight went off, but by 1:00 am, she was hiding again. Today, I have yet to see her. BTW, you never did comment on the fact that there is a 5-6" brittle star in there. Is that anything I should worry about? I'm really sorry she is so nocturnal, as Leggs was diurnal, and enabled us to have a great inter-active relationship.

Sorry about that, I knew it was Atlantic Longarm, not longleg. anyway, I watched the video, and it's exactly like her. The color, movement, and displays, all in miniature. Now that she is in the 58 g. I probably won't see her. She came out last night 9:00 pm, when the red light came on and the daylight went off, but by 1:00 am, she was hiding again. Today, I have yet to see her. BTW, you never did comment on the fact that there is a 5-6" brittle star in there. Is that anything I should worry about? I'm really sorry she is so nocturnal, as Leggs was diurnal, and enabled us to have a great inter-active relationship.

DWhatley said:
Reviewing Roger Hanlon's video of the Atlantic Longarm (Macrotritopus defilippi), I think this is a likely candidate. They are similar in looks and shape to O. briareus but the eyes seem to be more pronounced and the mantle longer. The coloration of the two are similar but Smidgette looks different to me and did/does not have the bright blue/green around the eyes.
Have a look at RH's video if you have not already seen it:

DWhatley said:
Reviewing Roger Hanlon's video of the Atlantic Longarm (Macrotritopus defilippi), I think this is a likely candidate. They are similar in looks and shape to O. briareus but the eyes seem to be more pronounced and the mantle longer. The coloration of the two are similar but Smidgette looks different to me and did/does not have the bright blue/green around the eyes.
Have a look at RH's video if you have not already seen it:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back