New article by Crissy Huffard

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
Moderator (Staff)
Crissy Huffard (mucktopus) has a paper published in in the latest issue of Molluscan Research :
Four new species of shallow water pygmy octopus (Mollusca: Cephalopoda) from the Kingdom of Tonga

Here is the link to the abstract.
http://www.mapress.com/mr/content/v27/2007f/n3p170.htm

What's also interesting to us is that she cites my List of Our Octopuses when mentioning that wild caught "dwarf" octopuses are becoming popular aquarium pets!

Nancy

mucktopus,
I know you have been very generous with making several super helpful articles available when you can, any chance there is an open link to this paper or at least the information. There is so little published on the dwarfs :cry: (

Although I am not permitted to post the article on a website, anyone who wants it is free to email me to request a pdf reprint. Usually a journal holds the copyright to a paper, so authors sometimes can't post it, but we can distribute pdf reprints to colleagues for personal use.

The paper presents four species descriptions based on a collection I didn't make, so alas there's no information on live animals/live photographs. It gives illustrations of anatomy, taxonomic discussions, and habitat info.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back