New Aquarium in Arizona !

More rockwork painting:

underpainting2.jpg

overpainting1.jpg

Well, any Tonmo members, let me know if you will be out here...if there is a group, I could arrange a behindthescenes sort of thing.

One of the custom skimmers:
skimmer.jpg

The curator designed these, he used to work at the Oklahoma Zoo, and really knows his stuff. Just wait to you see the custom made chillers!

I like the moss ;>). When I dabbled in painting instruction for my own enjoyment (read that no talent but I have a couple of things that work well in my house and enjoyed the classes for years), my instructor made a point of suggesting adding little things like bugs for people to find, maybe one of the previously mentioned centipedes would be cool or something even a little more sinister - escaped octo arm? scorpion?

dwhatley;122585 said:
I like the moss ;>). ...my instructor made a point of suggesting adding little things like bugs for people to find, maybe one of the previously mentioned centipedes would be cool or something even a little more sinister - escaped octo arm? scorpion?

Funny, my instructor always advised the surreptitious addition of genitalia, or at the very least, skulls.

No vayaya's or skulls, but plenty of underpainting! Say hello to my newest co-worker, Rick Urlaub, seen here inside the Peacock Bass tank getting himself filthy and paint covered:

Peacock1.jpg

Trees for the red eye tree frog tank, outside work for some aquariums, including one of the rim lake area from up north:

trees.jpg

tapingoff.jpg

painteddesert.jpg

dwhatley;122793 said:
Will the bases (top picture) become full trees or will visitors only see the bottom section?

Only the bottom, along with 50' of vine and a ton of live plants...the tank is long and low...

two of the aquarists, Jeff and Grant:

AquaCrew.jpg

and Rick's progress in the large trout tank:

trouttank1.jpg

Rick is usually covered in paint at the end of the day, but Jocelyn is coming along nicely too !

Jocelyn1.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back