New Aquarium in Arizona !

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Registered
I went out yesterday to take a look at the aquarium being built by Mickey Olson, who owns Wildlife World Zoo. Fantastic job, this thing is massive, and has at least 5 cephalopod tanks (hopefully, I talked him out of the nautilus display).
aquariumbuilding.jpg

They have a full service restaurant and bar going in, with a 180 degree view of the shark tank that is two stories high...this is John and Mickey up on the upper level:

sharktank.jpg

The facility of four buildings is over 35,000 feet total...the largest aquarium ever built in arizona. I may be doing some of the artwork for some of the displays.

cthulhu77;122073 said:
I may be doing some of the artwork for some of the displays.

That will be too cool (especially for AZ:wink:).

In case no one else noticed, your signature is especially meaningful below the shark tank picture :sagrin:

dwhatley;122104 said:
In case no one else noticed, your signature is especially meaningful below the shark tank picture :sagrin:

:lol::roflmao:

There's a huge delay on the project, but there's been a lot of discussion of building one like that in Grapevine, restraunt and all. I wonder if the same people are involved.

found out this morning that I got the job, so I will be working there until november...they are hoping for a december opening.
I'll be posting in progress pics.

cthulhu77;122137 said:
found out this morning that I got the job, so I will be working there until november...they are hoping for a december opening.
I'll be posting in progress pics.

EXCELLENT. Are they open to you posting pictures of the progress?

Oh yeah, I've known the owner of the zoo for decades. It should be a fun, though long, project.

Oh, I never work for free ! :smile: Yeah, it should be a fun project, but it is a bit of a drive every day for me. Ah well.
I start on Tuesday, so I will be posting in progress pics several times a week...feel free to comment.

DH, I got your message, and sent an email out. Oddly enough, I have some of his artwork!

1st day of work was spent tackling the large tree that holds up an above your head aquarium:

tree1.jpg

Great, great, and great! For those who don't know, The Wildlife World Zoo was really well done, so I imagine this will measure up, and yeah Greg, that's a significant drive, if it's close to the zoo.

Google maps.

Too bad you don't have a Prius.

...bought a new Kia Rio5...40+ per mile...not too shabby, especially hauling all of my junk:

hey, look at that stack of filters!

meatthezoo1.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back