New Aculeatus(?) Journal - Octopus Prime!

Mikewise

GPO
Registered
Reaction score
it got this really bizarre split-hemisphere mantle coloration while picking apart the shrimp. anyone seen this before?

Octobsession

Hatchling
Registered
Reaction score
What an adorable new "child" you have. I can totally understand how you feel like a parent. I'm new here and just beginning to learn so that one day I can get an octo. I'm going to be the same way... so proud of my new baby. S/he is beautiful and I absolutely love the "horns"... so adorable, so much personality.

Mikewise

GPO
Registered
Reaction score
damn! they swore up and down this was a bimac, but now that you mention it, the original picture that was provided to me looks WAY smaller than this guy. i thought it was just poot photo quality, but maybe the guys at the warehouse just threw whatever in the bag rather than what was specified. The packing invoice just says "tank bred octopus: west america." whereas the order said "Bimaculoides."

I'll be happy as long as it's not a full-grown dwarf that's about to die! here is the picture the tech support person sent me.

it looks smaller than part of the index finger she threw in for reference, but of course it's hard to make out the detail and perspective. but she told me there were 2 tank raised bimacs there about the same size. Hmmmm. ill make a thread in ID requests. Can anyone tell me how to change the thread title?

Nancy

Staff member
Reaction score
Nope, not a bimac, but still a nice octopus! Keep this octopus at tropical temperatures, around 78 degrees.

Nancy

SandV

Wonderpus
Registered
Reaction score
yeah i don't think the one in the pic they sent you is the same octo... the one in the pic they sent you looks about the size i got rigby (tank raised bimac).... but he does look like an aculeatus to me... like Lucky... you can see more pics in the marketplace form under octo in need of rescueing....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelfarno62

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak