• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Negative reactions

Trickman2

Hatchling
Registered
Hey guys,
I live in San Diego and was thinking about getting one of these amazing animals. I contacted my local fish stores and they had a complete fit saying that they will not order these animals. I have had marine fish over ten years now and Was wanting to try something different. I have done some research and think I can meet the needs of these animals. How succesfull have you guys been raising these animals. Any idea on source of getting eggs? I think i would rather start with eggs.
Thanks

Availability should be fantastic for you...you live right by Octopets...they have captive bred stock, and there is a member up in SF who has some banded cuttles for sale...
greg

Righty,

I've got some great ways of shipping cuttles which are 100% effective for them not inking.

Using Magnesium Chloride in the water... is it worth me posting this up for people to see???

~Andy

The cuttlefish i have had were shipped in MgCl2 too and also no inking :smile:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back