Need Skimmer!

Hi guys...I have some bad news. :cry:

The skimmer has officially died. I need one desperately! I was wondering if anyone had a skimmer that they could sell from a previous tank, etc. I use a 55 gallon tank and I would be willing to pay through paypal.

Please be VERY detailed with what you have.

Make an offer!

DHyslop

Architeuthis
Supporter
You might have too small of an audience here to find what you're looking for. You might try eBay or Reefcentral's buy/sell/trade boards.

Good luck!

Dan

Fini

Wonderpus
Supporter
Try to find a needle wheel skimmer. Generally speaking they work better and are a lot less maintenance. I'm not even familiar with UltraLife.

DHyslop

Architeuthis
Supporter
A needle-wheel skimmer will do a much better job than that airstone skimmer (even though it is monster-huge!). I understand cost is an issue, and even though this skimmer would get the job done (assuming the crack in it doesn't grow), I'd hold out for something a little better.

I got my skimmer (an Aqua-Medic Turboflotor 1000) body for $5 used at a LFS sale and then I got a pump for it (Oceanrunner 3700) on eBay for $35. The airstone skimmer above will cost you about $50 including shipping.

Dan

Update

He's still healthy and eating regardless of the skimmer issue. I was just hoping someone might have a used skimmer they didn't need anymore from an extra tank. Thanks for the tips D.

Members online

No members online now.