• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

need info on New cuttlefish

no the pics are 2 big its sayin ill try again but while i was doing that the cuttle just jumped off of his rock and started to like walk aroud flashing his tenticles

k ill do that but right now it mlooks like hes begging should i give him some frozen krill ( its old and has freezer burn ) or just wait till 2 morrow and get some live food

if your on an xp machine, there should be a default Paint program under ...Start--programs---accessories

I believe you can use the stretch/skew command under the edit menu to change the images size..

k hld on i think i got it

Attachments

• conv_289147.jpg
    conv_289147.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 79
The pictures are still a little hard to see, but its actually looking more like a bandensis. 2-3 inches would make it near a year old though, so you might not have too much more then a few months if that.

However, it could be a different species all together. Does it usually have a rough skin appearance or smooth. An officianalis will mostly be smooth skinned when resting.

he does alot of walking + just fed him now a killie from my local bait shop, he attacked it but the killie got out so he inked a little bit ( enough for the filter to handle) but is it a problem as far as if it only inks a little ( and i dont do a water change) as far as to the cuttlefishes health ( better pics are on the way)

If you can suck it out with a eye-dropper or turkey baster, it would be better.

I am thinking you have a S. bandensis. They "walk" more than S. officinalis and are more prone to inking...

Would love to get a better picture of its eye though...

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back