• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Need Help!

octoshaf

Hatchling
Registered
I am new to this site and interested in getting a pet octopus. I have some questions about care and costs. first, How much does an octopus aproxamitly cost, second how large of a tank would i need? third, what is the best type to get? and last, how much would it all cost. any info will help. thanks.

Hi and welcome to TONMO.com! :welcome:

Have a look at the sticky at the top of the Journals and Photos forum. I have added the place where the octos were purchased for the more recent octos. THe first list is for bimacs, the second list is for other species.

Nancy

The best place to look is probably your local lfs rather than having it shipped in. You really need to have a good look at tanks. Even if you buy the rest of your equipment on line, at least consider buying your tank locally.

There are many sites for tanks on the web, both glass and acrylic. (Glass is more popular.)

You might check the For Sale forum of your local Marine Aquarium Society if you want a used tank. They often have good buys complete with equipment, even sand and live rock.

Nancy

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back