Need Advice for starting

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by sublime08, Jul 27, 2006.

1. sublime08

sublime08 Larval Mass Registered

I am completely new to this and want to start a octi tank. I know it take time and need to have the tank setup completely for a few months before buying one. So could anyone give me a list of things i need to buy? And advice?
    thanks luke

2. monty

monty Colossal Squid Staff Member Supporter

Start with the ceph care articles under the "ARTICLES" tab at the top of the page, and I'm sure the ceph care gurus can help out with any questions you have about them. If you know what species (or at least size) octo you're looking for, that might help as well... :welcome:

3. sublime08

I am looking for a species that i can keep in a 40 to 55 gallon tank. Bimac? Also what would be a good size tank?

4. cthulhu77

cthulhu77 Titanites Supporter

The articles written by the Tonmo staff should cover all of your initial questions, and you can keep on referring to them as you go along.
    By the way, Welcome to Tonmo!

greg

5. bobwonderbuns

bobwonderbuns Vampyroteuthis Supporter

:welcome: to Tonmo! I am wondering if you have any experience keeping a marine tank? Keeping cephs in captivity requires a great deal of experience -- it's not something you should jump right into. Octos require great care and there are many variables you need to be aware of and know how to handle. A working knowledge of a saltwater tank will help ease that transition. Read the articles and search the threads, there have been many in your position with much advice already given. :grin:

6. sublime08

Ok, Thanks

7. sorseress

sorseress Colossal Squid Supporter

:welcome: to Tonmo. What part of Minnesota?

8. sublime08

Oh I live im and i live in Palatka, Florida. This site is awesome I have never seen so many helpful people !!! :D