• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Need a refresh :)

bluezombie

Blue Ring
Registered
Hey everyone... It's been a long while, and some of you may remember I've always wanted to have a pet octopus, but I never got around to it simply because I didn't trust myself in terms of responsibility. However, now I think I'm ready.

I managed to snag a 50 gallon tank for 50 bucks at a local pet store, so I just want to know again, what will I need material-wise, and how to prepare to plop in a new friend?

Thank you!

Also, I was thinking of getting a Bimac, my local store only sells blue rings, and they're rather expensive (around 90 bucks each)

Where could I get a bimac?

No one's had Bimacs available for a while now. O. hummellincki is fairly similar and tropical.

If the tank isn't drilled I would just invest in a good HOB skimmer and 60-70lbs of live rock.

Animal Mother;126562 said:
No one's had Bimacs available for a while now. O. hummellincki is fairly similar and tropical.

If the tank isn't drilled I would just invest in a good HOB skimmer and 60-70lbs of live rock.

How much should one of these 'Hummellincki' go for?

And do they live an average of 9 months also?

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back