Need a name... | The Octopus News Magazine Online
  • Thanks for visiting! TONMO is the world's greatest online cephalopod enthusiast community, with interactive content going back to May of 2000, and a biennial conference. If you'd like to join in on the fun, become a TONMO member -- it's easy and free. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Need a name...

Teuthologist

Pygmy Octopus
Registered
I'm planning to get a bimac soon, and I am cycling a 90 gallon tank at the moment, but I have one problem... I have an utter lack of creativity and cannot for the life of me think of a name for the little guy. :confused:

If anybody can come up with some good suggestions, I'd appreciate it a lot. So far I have been only able to come up with names such as:

Tsathoggua
Rubbery
Squidward
Freddy Krueger (I'm leaning toward this one)

Jean

Colossal Squid
Supporter
We always wait til we meet the octi.........they all have different personalities. Often we'll ask a group of kids to name it hence the odd names we've had!

J

tlasz24

Pygmy Octopus
Registered
I'm naming mine Raul and Davey Jones, per request of my friends.

I was leaning towards Launch Octopus, because I'm a huge fan of the Megaman X videogame series. And Launch Octopus was a little bastard in that game.

zyan silver

O. bimaculoides
Registered
i agree with jean. wait til you see him(her?). a name will come to you. or open a book and close your eyes and point. of course my folks just made up my name. they wanted a name nobody ever had. then you can claim it means whatever you want, like zyan, the enlightened one. or some other equally crazy thing!!!! zy

Members online

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV: Terri
TONMOCON V: Jean
TONMOCON VI: Taollan
TONMOCON VII: ekocak

About the Monty Awards