Ned DeLoach's blog - Bali Revisited

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
Moderator (Staff)
Again, not my own adventure. Ned and Anna DeLoach revisted Bali recently after a 10 year absence and Ned has posted a nice blog summary on his Marine Life Blog. Not many cephs this time but there is an encounter with both a blue ring and a Mototi with the requisite pictures. There is also a few interesting shots and discussion about a Lisa's Mantis that will share its den with a symbiotic shrimp.

Ned DeLoach Marine Life Blog - Possible new blue ring

Fortunately Ned and Anna DeLoach are octopus fans so they post of their stories, photos and videos. This is Ned's blog post on the find the 30 most sought after animals in Lembeh Strait adventure. The entire post is interesting and full of Ned's pictures but the cephs are near the end. Ned believes that little red guy is a new blue ring.

Marine Life Blog - Lembeh and Johan, a Winning Combination

Ned and Anna DeLoach - Blue Ringed Octopus Catches Crab

More stellar photography from Ned and Anna DeLoach. This one is a real treat for blue ring fans. The video shows a longish hunting episode with a large variety of pattern changes and close up action. I've posted the video but there is more on their blog.

Blenney Watcher Blog

You can tell there is a decent current the way the animal is pushed about and I don't know how Ned kept the camera still enough not to make you seasick watching :biggrin2:

Octopuses EVERYWHERE!

Anna and Ned put together a series of octopus videos from their recent adventures. This is great for an id sampling! You will see macropus, blue ring, hairy octo (tiny! and RARE), wunderpus, mimic (including a tiny one that is either wunderpus or mimic. I think wunderpus), briareus and vulgaris. All are really clear colorful clips - ENJOY!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back