Nautilus Shells on Ebay

Greg,
Where I support the discontinuation of catching nautilus to sell the shells, I can't support demanding eBay to place them on their banned list (but would like to). I have been an eBay fan almost since its inception and have watched their progress, problems and decline and one of the valid topics along the way has been how to control what can and cannot be sold. If they banned everything people requested, there would be no eBay (for some, this may be considered positive but that is not the point of the request). IF they can be CITIES listed (or possibly even ICUN Red Listed), it is a no brainer but to expect them to try to come up with fair rules based on their own background work is quite impossible. The best way to push eBay is to have them recognized as endangered in some form and then push for a lowered (Threatened vs Endangered) official restriction.

Hi D,

You bring up a good point and that is why didn't want to just ask people to sign it without forming their own opinions. At this point, there is technically nothing wrong with selling nautilus shells and I don't fault ebay for anything that they are currently doing. I think ebay is a great company and offers an interesting way of buying/selling things. I would never buy certain things in the stores or on ebay but that is my personal choice. Maybe the petition will cause people to read more about nautiluses and the shell trade and have an affect on their personal choices. Maybe not.

To me, this petition is a great example of how young people are trying to do things important to them and the biggest outcome that I see coming from this petition, no matter what happens, is more awareness of the nautilus shell trade and more overall interest in nautiluses in general.

Greg

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back